zaterdag 14 april 2018

Stampin'Up! Stamp 'N Hop!



Hi! Welcome to our international Stamp 'N Hop blog hop! My name is Daniëlle and I'm stamping with you from IJsselstein (The Netherlands)! This is why my post will be in English and Dutch.

This month we are featuring our Favourite Items of the retiring Annual Catalogue. I am going to feature my firts Stampin'Up! love, Garden in Bloom. This was my very first stampset and now it is retiring. Unfortunately. I will miss it, but I am sure I will find a new favourite.

Hoi en welkom bij de internationale Stamp 'N Hop bloghop. Het initiatief voor deze bloghop komt vanuit Amerika, dus vandaar dat ik deze hop zowel in het Nederlands als in het Engels schrijf.

Het thema van de hop is "de retiring producten van de huidige jaarcatalogus". Vandaag een speciaal plekje voor mijn allereerste Stampin'Up! liefde, de stempelset Garden in Bloom. Het is de eerste stempelset ooit die ik jaren geleden gekocht heb en nu gaat hij helaas niet mee naar de nieuwe catalogus. Ik ga de set echt missen, maar ik weet zeker dat er wel een nieuwe favoriet zal komen, toch?

Stampin'Up! Garden in Bloom

For this special card I wanted to try something special. I thought I could heat emboss on a Window sheet, but unfortunately my heattool was too hot. It did heat emboss, but the window sheet also curled a little bit. I wanted to throw everyting in the bin, but then I looked at it again.

Voor deze speciale kaart wilde ik heel graag iets uitproberen. Ik dacht dat ik wel zou kunnen heat embossen op een Window sheet. Dat heat embossen lukte wel, maar alleen stond de heattool te warm waardoor de Window Sheet is gaan bobbelen. Ik stond op het punt om het in de prullenbak te gooien, maar toen keek ik er nog eens goed naar.

Stampin'Up! Garden in Bloom

I started to like the curls, because it gave the flowers some more texture! What a lucky accident! I fussy cut the flowers and leafs and after that I colored it with the Stampin' Blends! in Old Olive Dark and Calyso Coral Dark. For the bee I used Daffodil Delight Dark and Bermuda Bay Light. The butterfly is in Bermuda Bay! By the way, I used the Copper embossing powder on the sheets.

Ik begon het gebobbelde eigenlijk wel leuk te vinden, want hierdoor ontstond er extra structuur! Wat een geluk bij een ongeluk. Ik heb de bloemen en de blaadjes uitgeknipt en daarna heb ik ze ingekleurd met de Stampin' Blends in de kleuren Old Olive Dark en Calypso Coral Dark. Voor de bij heb ik Daffodil Delight Dark en Bermuda Bay Light gebruikt. De vlinder heb ik ingekleurd met Bermuda Bay. Oh ja, het heat embossen heb ik met de Copper embossing poeder gedaan.

Stampin'Up! Garden in Bloom

I am very pleased with the results. I hope you like it too! And I learned a lot from this card. If something is not what you expected, just try to do something else with it before you throw it away. I hope this gave you some more inspiration. If you like to get some more inspiration please hop on to Mo Rootes to see her project by clicking the next button below.

Ik ben echt heel blij met het resultaat en ik hoop dat jij het ook leuk vindt! Ik heb echt iets geleerd van het maken van deze kaart. Als iets niet lukt zoals je verwacht had, gooi het dan niet gelijk weg, maar probeer gewoon iets uit! Ik hoop dat dit je inspiratie heeft gegeven. Wil je nog meer inspiratie opdoen? Hop dan snel verder naar Mo Rootes door op onderstaande button te klikken.




Would you like to follow my blog? Please click on the "volgen" button in the right bar! I would love that a lot!

Vind jij het leuk om mijn blog te volgen? Klik dan op de button "volgen" in de rechterbalk. Ik zou dat heel erg leuk vinden. Wil jij de stempelset Garden in Bloom of iets anders bestellen? Stuur mij een mail op danielle.kassing@gmail.com en ik help je graag verder.

Love to see you next time and please have fun hopping on!
Heel graag tot de volgende keer en heel veel plezier bij het hoppen!

Daniëlle




Participants/deelnemers Stamp 'N Hop!



21 opmerkingen:

  1. I love your card Danielle, such a clever idea to heat emboss the window sheet and I really like the extra texture the curling gives, so petty

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you so much. I liked it after assembling the card. It was a very Nice surprise

      Verwijderen
  2. i love the way you recovered from what happened. i enjoy doing that and encourage my stampers to always look again. I also take my hat off to you for the 2 language post. I have a hard enough time doing mine in english, i can't imagine having to do it in 2 different languages.
    Sincerely,
    Tracey from Texas in the US

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Thank you Tracey for being so kind to me. Don't throw it away, but sometimes think outside the box. Thank you for appreciating the english. You are right it takes some time, but I really like it that everyone can read the blog. And I love hopping with you, so English it is.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. WOW! That is beyond awesome! I love how your "accident" really added to the overall effect of the card. Thank you so much for sharing - something I might have to give a try!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Amazing project, Daniëlle! Thank you for sharing!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. I love what you did with this set! I am sad to see it retiring!
    ~Britney Vanderlaan

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Danielle - Your card is beautiful! I'm so glad you didn't throw out the embossed pieces. What a great idea and a really pretty effect. Thank you so much for sharing. -Laurie Meier

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. You are all so kind to me! Thank you so much (= dankjewel!)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Beautiful! Your flowers look almost like stained glass. :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen